PowerPoint presentation is a very useful method to communicate or explain about something efficiently. But you need to keep the readers engaged with different content, and this is where you will be able to add the video directly into your presentation. So, how to embed a video in PowerPoint from different platforms? Here you will learn about the methods in detail.
Part 1: How to Embed A Video in PowerPoint from Different Platforms?
In general, most of the people, people prefer to take videos from two major platforms, these are YouTube and Vimeo.
1. How to embed a YouTube video in PowerPoint
If you are using PowerPoint version 2010 or higher, then there is a built-in tool that you can use to insert a video from YouTube onto your slide. The steps that you need to follow are:
• Visit YouTube and search for the video that you need to add. Now, copy the URL of the video.
• Now, you need to open the PowerPoint presentation and go to the slide where you want to insert the video. There, you need to click on the Insert, and then go to Video and choose the Online Video option.
• The insert Video box will appear. There, in the first address bar, paste the copied YouTube Video link.
• Once done, click on the Insert option to complete the process.
This method of inserting video is very easy, and you can complete it within a few seconds. Try out this method now.
2. How to embed a video from Vimeo in PowerPoint
• First of all, open the desired Vimeo video to embed into the presentation. Now, you need to click on the Share option. A new window will pop up.
• Go to the Embed section and copy the code and paste that onto a Notepad file.
• Now, open PowerPoint and click on the Insert tab. Under the Video section, choose Online video.
• You will see a window with two options. Go to the option “From a Video Embed Code” box, and you need to paste the copied code and click on the Arrow icon.
Now, you can see a video rectangle box e on the desired slide. You can resize or move the box as per your preference. You can click on the Preview option to watch the video.
Your best video creator !Download Now
That’s how to embed a video in PowerPoint from different sites. The process is very easy to follow. However, some steps may change based on the version of PowerPoint you are using. So, let’s discuss about that.
Part 2: How to Embed A Video in PowerPoint from Different Powerpoint Versions
1. How to embed a video in PowerPoint office 365
If you are using Office 365, then you can easily insert a video from Vimeo or YouTube. You can also embed a video from Microsoft Stream. Have a look at the process.
Open the PowerPoint and click on the Insert tab.
Click on Video and then select Online Video.
Open YouTube and Find the desired video. Click on the Share icon and then select the Embed option to get the code.
Copy the code and insert the code in the box.
After that, click on the Insert option to complete the process.
2. How to embed a video in PowerPoint office 365
Go to any video-sharing site and find the video that you need to add. Now click on the Embed option.
Then you need to copy the code. Select it and press CTRL+C together to copy it.
After that, open the PowerPoint and click on Insert and then click on Video. From the list, you need to choose Online Video.
This will open the Insert Video box. There, you need to paste the embed code in the box near the From a Video Embed Code.
After that, click on Enter key to add the video.
3. How to embed a YouTube video in PowerPoint 2010
To embed a video, you will need the video’s HTML code, a working internet connection, and then follow a few simple steps.
Open the video site and play the video. Then click on the Share option.
Now, click on the Embed option, and that will open a text box with the HTML code of the video.
Choose the HTML code and copy that.
In PowerPoint, visit the desired slide to embed the video.
There, you need to visit the Insert tab. You will find the Video option located on the right upper corner. Click on it. Now, you will see a drop-down man with three options. These are Video from File, Video from Web Site, and Clip Art Video. You need to choose the second option.
A dialog box will appear. You need to right-click on the box and then select the Paste option from the menu. Once done, choose the Insert option.
If you want to customize the appearance of the video, then you can do that by clicking on the Format and then choose the Playback tab.
That’s it. If you are using PowerPoint 2010, then this is how to embed a video in PowerPoint. Are you using an older version of PowerPoint, like version 2007? Follow these steps.
4. How to embed a Vimeo video in PowerPoint 2007
1. Open the Vimeo video and select the video to add. Now, choose the Share option. Then you need to locate the Embed box and copy the code.
2. Now, open PowerPoint and click on the Office icon.
3. Select the PowerPoint Option.
4. Go to the Popular section, and there, choose the Show Developer Tab in the Ribbon option and then click on the OK button.
5. Now, choose the Developer tab and under the Controls group, click on the More Control.
6. You will see the More Control box. Choose Shockwave Flash Object. Click on the OK option.
7. The cursor will now turn into a cross, and you can now draw a box on the slide.
8. Once done, right-click on the box, and choose Properties. You need to paste the copied URL into the Movie box.
Close the Properties box, and you can now see the video on your slide.
Your best video creator !Download Now